Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Special place by Long Liu



        When I was five years old, I lived on a farm in Vietnam.  We had yellow rice fields, green lemon trees and a lot of cows.  But my special place was my bed, an amazing place for me.
     
       One day my parents decided to build a new house and all of my sisters and brothers and I had new rooms.  Then all of us had a new bed, but my special place was in the same bed as my Mom and Dad.
        Every night I came to my Mom and Dad is room to sleep.  It had a real table made from old trees, and windows white, and flowers on the white sill, a new brown dresser, and a green mosquito net.  This was interesting for me because it looked like good art.                

        What I liked most was the bed.  It had posts made from trees and the mattress on top of it was so comfortable.  I called this my cloud bed because even after I played soccer with my friends, ran around the house, watched cows or felt sad because my parents yelled at me, when I came to that room all my worries floated away from me when I slept on that bed.  
       
            Before I went to bed at night my Mom and Dad taught me how to be a good person including how to talk with old people. I could feel them give me a big hug in their heart.   They pulled a blanket on my body at midnight; this was so joyful for all of us.  Night after night, I didn’t t know how I fast I would grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment