Sunday, May 1, 2011

I remember those days by Jose Madrigal



I remember those days
celebrating the holidays
with my family and friends
and having fun on the farm
in those warm days

Everyday in the night
we turned off every single light
to see the stars in the sky
I remember that was so tight
it just looked like the sunlight
the colors were so bright
as well as the beautiful night

We like to play with the horses all day
and we like to make figures with clay
the farms were very fun and joyful
and the plants and trees were very colorful
I’m just very thankful that Mexico is so beautiful

I think this is not a response to whitman’s because my poem
is about Mexico and whitman’s is about united states.
It gives images about my country like whitman’s poem
Whitman’s poem does not have rhyme and I made mine with
imagines and with rhymes.

(In response to I hear America singing)

No comments:

Post a Comment