Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Family and I by Beshu Mako


I want to talk about my family and myself. When I was ten years old, I did many things for my family. I brought water from miles away, because the water was not close to my house.  After I brought it, l cleaned  the house and washed clothes by hand for my family members. I also cooked for my family.  I enjoyed helping them.
I was different from others because I only have one brother from  my mom’s side.  I wish I had more brothers because it would make me feel more special. I really wish he was older than me because if were is older than me he could help me. In my culture we need more boys than girls, unfortunately.  I have five sisters.
I will always remember the day before I came to this country.  I will never be that sad again.  That was a bad day for me because I did not get to see my family before I left.  Even today I cry about that day.
        My first day I got a visa from the Ethiopia ombudsmen.   On a Tuesday morning my mom called for me and asked, “Where are you? What are you doing there?” I said to my mom, “Mom, don’t worry  about me.” She said to me, “ If I do not worry about you who is worried for you, Beshu?” I  said,” I know Mom, but God worries for me.” She said,  “Ok, good luck today, but don’t forget to come home tomorrow.”   I said,  “Ok Mom have a nice day. No matter what I love you Mom.  But no matter what, don’t forget me Mom.” She said again, “Beshu you are the one who I have right now! How could I forget you?” After I talked with my Mom,I want on plane to America. I didn’t tall her what day I was leaving.
When I got to Washington DC, I lost my papers. Even today I do not know what kind of papers I lost.  I  did not know how to take the elevators.  I just sat there on table.  After two hours I got on the airplane.  When I came to Minneapolis all my family in America, my grandmother, cousin and uncle,  were waiting in the airport to see me.  After I saw them, I was happy. I knew coming to America would help many people because when people say to me to pick something I will go and get it  for that person. Even when someone asks me for a thing like money I will give it to that person especially when old people, ask for something. There are opportunities to help people here.
Fridays are the hardest day of the week for me. On Friday I  don’t get to sleep because I work so much. When Friday starts to come close I worry about myself because Friday is not popular for me. I am always busy all day every Friday.  In the morning of Friday I go to school, up to four o'clock and when I come back from school  I have go to work at night. I am a hard worker who does not about complain anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment