Sunday, May 1, 2011

I hear America Singing! by Akil Osman


                                                                                                                             
I hear America singing, the varied carols I hear,
The mother is singing with her children in the backyard,
I hear sweet sounds around Minneapolis like I have seen on the coast of Africa,
I hear everybody is sharing, laughing, and dancing together,
I hear amazing music that is mixed together from different backgrounds,
I hear the teachers singing with students,
I hear the young people singing,
I hear the beautiful young girl looking for a boyfriend down the street,
I hear the husband and wife taking their vacation in the Bahamas,
I hear many people confused about what to do,
I hear a life that is very complicated by the people who don’t know what to do,
I hear many people out of jobs,
I hear the government not working correctly and people are casting votes,
I hear America changing.
I hear Mr. Terry singing with his students at school.


(In response to I hear America singing)

No comments:

Post a Comment