Sunday, May 1, 2011

I Hear Ethiopia Singing by Salam Girmay



I hear Ethiopia singing together to celebrate
I remember the important events in my country
The national holidays of victory over Italians at Adwa
I see green yellow red colors with golden star Ethiopia flag
The liberation from the Italian occupation
We will never be colonized
This is an important historical event for the world
We are African role model to their independent day
The first of humanity
The birthplace of Lucy
The source of natural and history
Ethiopia is the origin of humans
Adam and Eve’s motherland country
I hear Christians singing together to celebrate
The most colorful and beautiful festival
All people wear white cultural clothes like angels
I remember festivals in my country
Our New Year, Meskel, Timket, Christmas and Easter holiday
I hear my neighbors singing at a coffee ceremony
I remember the smells, the fresh aroma of coffee
I hear my mom’s song when she cooks the spicy chicken dish
I remember the taste of injera with spicy meat
I hear students singing their career goal’s
I remember the teachers coming to class
We show our respect to them
By standing with happy faces and hospitality
I wish for you growth without war and poverty
Ethiopia in my mind!


(In response to I hear America singing)

No comments:

Post a Comment