Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Go home and think about war tonight by Malyun Abdullahi



Go home and think about war tonight.   
                              
I wonder if it is that simple to live in war.
Play in a place that blood spilt out.
Sit behind a chair, which a lion sits on.
try to study and go to school which hyena’s cave.
Don’t be coward when u gets there.
Be Strong and brave.
You will meet with carnivores.
Let them talk to you.
Take from there an unforgettable lesson.
Be there a while.
Try to comeback, but not be able.
Look around and see a cannibal with a big knife.
Try to escape and see your cadaver.
This was the place where I grew up.

It is easy for you to know what is true for me.
I am a young teenager, but not a full  pregnant woman.
I like to work, read, sleep but not act like you.
You do every thing for fun.
But Me,? I do it for experience.
You value skin color and money.
Me,? I value all human being.
For me, money doesn’t make me who I am.
May be for you.

You, me, and other colored should have the same rights.
That`s America.
I am colored, you’re part of me, I’m part of you.
Neither of us is a non-human being.
You respect, welcome and behave toward me in a good way.
I should do that.
Although I am an immigrant and colored, you’re always my fine white friend.
Friend, friend, friend, which is what makes a good society with love and reliance.
You should see the advantage of  being colored; me should see your advantage.
Me and you are necessary for this world.
You don’t have to forget my right and humor.
Me, and colored people will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment